My kids are absolutely obsessed with these delicious little snacks that smile back. I’m talking about Goldfish crackers. I usually buy them for my kids, but always end up eating them too. Goldfish crackers have been a staple in my household since I was a little girl. Now, my kids love them just as much as I did going up especially the Goldfish Colors ones. They’re fun, colorful, made with real ingredients you can actually feel good about serving your kids, like 100% real cheese, and no artificial flavors or preservatives. They’re the perfect snack for home or on the go.
Fun Fact! Did you know that the colors of Goldfish are Sourced from fruits, vegetables, and Plants, such as annatto extracted from the reddish seeds of the Achiote Tree? Who knew? I had no idea, knowing that their colors are sourced from plants and not artificial colors makes me love them even more.
The Goldfish colors crackers come in a variety of colors Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue. That all have a unique colorful story behind them
- Red: The red Goldfish crackers are colored using a mix of red beet juice concentrate and paprika extracted from sweet red peppers. Wholesome and colorful. You can’t beat that.
- Green: The green Goldfish crackers color comes from watermelon & Huito juice concentrates mixed with extracted Turmeric. That’s Huito. Pronounced wee-toe. Colorful and fun to say!
- Yellow: The yellow Goldfish crackers color comes from extracted Turmeric. A beautiful color that makes you think of warm sunshine on a perfect day.
- Blue: Our subtle blue crackers come from Huito (derived from South American fruit) and Watermelon juice concentrates. These crackers have so much fun, they never get the blues.
I was very surprised to learn where each of the colors came from and I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to teach my kids about the unique story behind each color Goldfish and introduce them to some new fruits, vegetables, and Plants. After the kids and I visited the Goldfish Colors site to learn more on about how the colors are made I decided to make them a printable memory match game to help make learning more fun. My Kids loved the memory game.
Print cards out on cardstock and laminate them (for durability) and play! If you don’t have cardstock, you can use regular paper works, but you may be able to see through the cards. Another option is to use photo paper. You can normally find a small pack at Dollar Tree.
Be sure to print front to back
cut the cards apart
1.Shuffle all the memory cards together.
2.Deal all the cards by laying them face-down on a flat surface.
3.The first player will flat over 3 cards
- If the 3 cards match (GoldFish Color, Fun Fact, and Fruit or veggie Picture) Player takes all 3 cards and keeps them and gets to take another turn.
- If the 3 cards do not match, the player turns the cards back over and their turn is now over.
- The game continues until all the matches have been found by the players. The winner is the player with the most matches.
Get Your Free PRINTABLE of the GOLDFISH COLORS MEMORY MATCH GAME
MORE EXCITING NEWS!
Goldfish Colors want you the “FANS” to “Plant your vote“and vote for your favorite color to get its own limited edition bag this spring. Here are four colors to choose from, and they are all colors sourced from plants.
RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE
The color with the highest number of votes will get its own limited edition bag! Voting dates are from 9/2/2017 – 10/31/2017.
Here are the colors my Kiddos are rooting for; Kayla wants green to win, Jayla is hoping for Red to win and Charles just knows Blue is going to take the prize. What color are you voting for?